Once Twice Melody
Label: Sub Pop
Catalog #: 71470
- Vinyl Box Set includes gold and clear vinyl LPs in separate jackets with custom dust sleeves, two posters, book, all enclosed in a hinged box.
- 2xLP includes black LPs in a wide-spine jacket with poster and custom dust sleeves.
- Use code "ONCETWICE" at checkout when you purchase any format of the album PLUS any of these Once Twice Melody apparel items and receive 10% off!
- Customers will be given access to stream the full album up to two (2) weeks before release date from your SubPop.com account, with your pre-order of the album on any format.
- All pre-orders will also receive any and all pre-release track downloads in advance of the album release as they are made public, which will be available from your SubPop.com account as they become available.
- All physical pre-order items should ship out from our warehouse in Seattle, WA between 5-8 days before release date, so long as their are no delays in manufacturing that would delay this advance shipping timeline.
- International orders may not arrive by release day as extra time must be taken into consideration for distance traveled and customs department clearance.
Once Twice Melody is the 8th studio album by Beach House. It is a double album, featuring 18 songs presented in 4 chapters. Across these songs, many types of style and song structures can be heard. Songs without drums, songs centered around acoustic guitar, mostly electronic songs with no guitar, wandering and repetitive melodies, songs built around the string sections. In addition to new sounds, many of the drum machines, organs, keyboards and tones that listeners may associate with previous Beach House records remain present throughout many of the compositions.
Beach House is Victoria Legrand, lead singer and multi-instrumentalist, and Alex Scally, guitarist and multi-instrumentalist. They write all of their songs together. Once Twice Melody is the first album produced entirely by the band. The live drums are by James Barone (same as their 2018 album, 7), and were recorded at Pachyderm studio in Minnesota and United Studio in Los Angeles. For the first time, a live string ensemble was used. Strings were arranged by David Campbell.
The writing and recording of Once Twice Melody began in 2018 and was completed in July of 2021. Most of the songs were created during this time, though a few date back over the previous 10 years. Most of the recording was done at Apple Orchard Studio in Baltimore. Once Twice Melody was mixed largely by Alan Moulder but a few tracks were also mixed by Caesar Edmunds, Trevor Spencer, and Dave Fridmann.