Label: Sub Pop
Catalog #: 71435
- A brand new t-shirt to coincide with the album is also available to pre-order here! Use code "HEYWHAT" at checkout when you purchase any format of the album PLUS the t-shirt and receive 10% off!
- Loser Edition is pressed on clear vinyl.
- Customers will be given access to stream the full album up to four (4) weeks before release date from your SubPop.com account, with your pre-order of the album on any format.
- All pre-orders will also receive any and all pre-release track downloads in advance of the album release as they are made public, which will be available from your SubPop.com account as they become available.
- All physical pre-order items should ship out from our warehouse in Seattle, WA between 5-8 days before release date, so long as there are no delays in manufacturing that would delay this advance shipping timeline.
- International orders may not arrive by release day as extra time must be taken into consideration for distance traveled and customs department clearance.
Focusing on their craft, staying out of the fray, and holding fast their faith to find new ways to express the discord and delight of being alive, to turn the duality of existence into hymns we can share, Low present HEY WHAT. These ten pieces—each built around their own instantaneous, undeniable hook—are turbocharged by the vivid textures that surround them. The ineffable, familiar harmonies of Alan Sparhawk and Mimi Parker break through the chaos like a life raft. Layers of distorted sound accrete with each new verse - building, breaking, colossal then restrained, a solemn vow only whispered. There will be time to unravel and attribute meaning to the music and art of these times, but the creative moment looks FORWARD, with teeth.
HEY WHAT is Low's thirteenth full-length release in twenty-seven years, and their third with producer BJ Burton.